Continuous Passive Motion (CPM) is a postoperative treatment method designed to aid recovery after joint surgery. Following joint surgery, the joint motion causes pain and as a result, the patient fails to move the joint. The lack of movement causes the joint to become stiff and scar tissue to form leaving the joint with a limited range of motion, which often takes months of physical therapy to recover.
CPM machines are used after surgery, both in the hospital and in the home. Passive range of motion means that the joint is moved without the patient's muscles being used. The motorized CPM device gradually moves the affected joint through a prescribed arc of motion for an extended period, resulting in a faster recovery time.
Call Rapid Recovery in Anchorage at (907) 562-7273 to get your CPM machine today.
OptiFlex® Knee CPM Machine
This is the latest and greatest OptiFlex® CPM Unit on the market. It features several new innovations, including:
- Progressive Range of Motion - Eliminates the need for time consuming adjustments that interrupt rehabilitation time.
- Oscillation Zone™ - Allows the patient to spend more time in the working ROM by automating and replicating the recognized benefits of Active Physical Therapy protocols.
- Fast Back - With the Fast Back™ mode activated, the knee spends more time in the working ROM by accelerating through the non-working ROM.
- Comfort Zone - The Comfort Zone™ button adresses the patient’s threshold for pain by providing therapy at a reduced flexion angle limit.
- Content sensitive help and a multiple language interface
- Back-lit display and buttons provide maximum visibility in low light conditions
- Hyperextension (-10°) to full knee flexsion (120°)
- Lightweight, only 28 pounds
- Overall lengthof 37 inches
- built-in carrying handle
- Meets requirements of UL, CSA and CE for safety and EMC
- High-quality, easy to attach patient kit
Kinetec 5190 Ankle CPM Machine
Treatment of ankle trauma is easier than ever thanks to the Kinetec 5190 Ankle CPM Machine. It’s designed for use in a chair or bed. This versatile machine is quiet, easy to use and extremely stable.
- Three-axis design allows for ankle and subtalar motion
- Versatile protocols to be entered
- Timer allows monitoring of patient use and compliance
- Variable force settings allow more precise treatment protocols
- Programming function allows custom
Toe CPM Machine: JACE Toe T300 CPM
The Jace Toe T300 CPM is the only Toe CPM machine specifically designed to assist with rehabilitation of the toe joints. Whether applied immediately post-op or following cast removal, CPM is of value by facilitating earlier motion as well as earlier return to normal function following such procedures as bunionectomy, tendon reconstructions, and joint implants.
- The hand-held controller allows the operator to conveniently control all functions.
- The T300 is designed for use in a sitting or supine position and easily adjusts for either the right or left foot.
- The T300 provides pre-set adjustable range of motion from 0 - 600 flexion (plantar flexion) to 0 - 900 extension (dorsiflexion). In addition, both the force and speed of operation are adjustable to better meet the individual requirements of each patient.
- Provides adjustable force and speed.
Kinetec Centura Anatomical Shoulder CPM Machine
The Kinetec Centura Anatomical Shoulder CPM Machine is the ideal choice for hospital and home shoulder rehabilitation. The Kinetec Centura features a natural, anatomical motion that increases patient compliance and decreases joint stress. The post-operative passive range of motion helps prevent joint stiffness, edema, soft tissue contractures and muscle atrophy.
- The scapula plane movement increases patient comfort in abduction
- Horizontal abduction and adduction, a unique passive mode to address the critical functional motion of the shoulder
- Controlled synchronized motion ensures patient safety. Can be programmed to reverse itself when excessive force is exerted on the joint.
- Adjustable speeds and manual set-up mode provide precise, custom therapy options
- Breaks down for easy transport