Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) devices are used for the symptomatic relief
and management of chronic (long-term) intractable pain and/or as an adjunctive treatment in the
management of post-surgical and post-traumatic acute pain.
Please contact us to inquire about our selection of TENS units.
View this video to learn more about how the BodyMed Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator works.
- Dimensions: 6.30″ x 2.75″ x 1.25″
- Weight: 11.4 oz
- Power Supply: 4 AA Batteries, type LR6
- Channels: 4
- Electrodes/Leadwires: 8
- Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Waveform: Pulsed Sine
- CH1/CH3 (Carrier) Frequency: 4000 Hz
- CH2/CH4 Frequency: 4001-4150 Hz
- Beat Frequency: 1-150 Hz
CH1/CH2 are an Interferential Pair
CH1: Fixed Frequency (4000 Hz)
CH2: Adjustable 4001-4150 Hz
CH3/CH4 are an Interferential Pair
CH3: Fixed Frequency (4000 Hz)
CH4: Adjustable 4001-4150 Hz
- Premodulated INF (Using one Channel): A mixed Interferential Beat Frequency will be produced only out of CH 1 and/or CH 3.
- Mode – Constant: Beat Frequency is adjustable from 1-150 Hz
- Mode – Sweep 1: Beat Frequency Modulates from 1-10 Hz and back over 12 seconds (6 second increase, 6 second decrease)
- Mode – Sweep 2: Beat Frequency Modulates from 80-150 Hz and back over 16 seconds (8 second increase, 8 second decrease)
- Mode – Sweep 3: Beat Frequency Modulates from 1-150 Hz and back over 20 seconds (10 second increase, 10 second decrease.
- Intensity: 0-98 mA peak to peak
- Output Voltage: 0-33 Volts peak to peak (adj.)
- Waveform: Symmetrical, biphasic, square Asymmetrical, biphasic, square
- Pulse Rate: Adjustable 1-120 Hz peak to peak
- Pulse Width: Adjustable 50-400 uS
- On Ramp: 0-10 seconds
- On Time: 0-99 seconds
- Off Ramp: 0-10 seconds
- Off Time: 0-99 seconds
- Modes: Constant Use the Constant Mode or a Pulse Rate greater than 60 Hz. for the relaxation of muscle spasms only. Use of continuous stimulation and/or rates above the normal physiological range (e.g., greater than 60 Hz) could lead to rapid onset of muscle fatigue, making the device less effective in producing repeated forceful muscle contractions. Cycled Reciprocating
- Intensity: 0 – 120 mA from peak to peak (adj)Mo
- Voltage: 0- 60 volts from peak to peak (adj.)
- Waveform: Asymmetrical Biphasic Square
- Pulse Rate: Adjustable 1-120 Hz
- Pulse Width: Adjustable 10-250 µS
- Mode – Constant: Pulse Rate (Hz) is adjustable from 1-120 Hz and Pulse Width (µS) is adjustable from 10-250 µS.
- Mode – B (Burst): 8 Pulses per burst, 2 bursts per second. Pulse Width (µS) is adjustable from 10-250 µS.
- Mode – M (Modulation): Pulse Rate (Hz) is Adjustable from 1-120 Hz and Pulse Width (µS) is adjustable from 10-250 µS and decreases 50% and back to set value over a 10 second cycle.
- Intensity: 0-100 mA peak to peak
- Voltage: 0-50 Volts peak to peak
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) devices are used for the symptomatic relief and management of chronic (long-term) intractable pain and/or as an adjunctive treatment in the management of post-surgical and post-traumatic acute pain.
How does it work?
TENS, or Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation relieves pain by sending small electrical impulses through the skin to the underlying peripheral nerves. TENS is thought to work in two different ways:
1) “High frequency,” continues, mild, electrical activity may block the pain signal to the brain. Brain Cells perceive pain. If the pain signal does not get through to the brain, the pain is not “felt.”
2) “Low frequency,” or short bursts of mild electrical activity, may stimulate the body’s own natural pain control mechanism by releasing beta endorphins. Whatever theory is applied, TENS has been proven useful in pain management for many patients. Treatment outcome may be influenced by the patient’s psychological state and by the use of drugs.
ComforTENS D with Performa Electrodes - Includes Digital TENS unit, case, manual, 9 volt alkaline battery, 2 sets lead wires, 1 package (4) Performa 2" diameter reusable & self-adhering stimulating electrodes.Specifications:Channels Dual, isolated between channelsPulse Amplitude Adjustable, 0"“80mA peak into 500 ohm load each channelWaveforms Asymmetrical bi-phase square pulseOutput Voltage: Adjustable, 0"“40V peak into 500 ohm load each channelPulse Rate Adjustable 1Hz"“150HzPulseWidth Adjustable 30Ã¬s"“260Ã¬sModes Burst, Modulation, S1 & S2Power One 9V battery